GORE® CHEMPAK® Products
Durable fabrics that provide enhanced functionality
for chemical and biological environments.
NFPA-certified ensembles made with lightweight GORE® CHEMPAK® fabrics provide protection against toxic industrial chemicals and chemical warfare agents. At the same time, these durable fabrics allow you to move freely and respond with added confidence that the suit and its seams will stay intact. GORE® CHEMPAK® fabrics also increase comfort and help reduce heat stress, enabling you to stay on scene longer while performing physically demanding activities.
GORE® CHEMPAK® fabrics are used in NFPA-certified ensembles specifically engineered for a variety of public safety professionals:
Learn more about defense ensembles.
Learn more about fire service ensembles.
Learn more about law enforcement ensembles.
GORE® CHEMPAK® Ultra Barrier Fabric
Suits made with GORE® CHEMPAK® ultra barrier fabric provide certified protection to both NFPA 1992 and NFPA 1994, Classes 1, 2 and 2R for hot-zone operations. Suits made with these fabrics can be completely wet down, which draws body heat out of the garment, increasing your comfort and allowing you to remain on scene longer. This fabric’s construction provides excellent durability with high-strength sewn and sealed seams. GORE® CHEMPAK® ultra barrier fabric maintains its integrity even after exposure to petroleum, oils, lubricants, and other contaminants.
- Certified protection to NFPA 1994, Classes 1, 2, and 2R in hot zone operations
- Added confidence with durable, tear-resistant construction and sealed seams
- Enhanced mobility because of lightweight and less bulky design
- Reduced heat stress because of evaporative cooling during wet-down
- Increased protection against POLs
- Search and rescue
- Technical rescue
- SWAT and high-risk entry
- Hazardous material emergency
- WMD or terrorist incident
- Containment and decontamination
GORE® CHEMPAK® Selectively Permeable Fabric
Products made with GORE® CHEMPAK® selectively permeable fabric are certified to NFPA 1994, Classes 3/3R, and 4/4R and NFPA 1992 Standards for outstanding protection in warm zone operations. This lightweight protective fabric is also breathable, so perspiration vapor can escape, reducing heat stress. Currently used in extended response team (XRT) suits, ruggedized Class 3 suits, and versatile two-piece stretch undergarments, this fabric’s lightweight, low-bulk construction allows you to stay engaged longer and remain focused on your mission.
- Certified to NFPA 1994, Classes 3/3R, and 4/4R and NFPA 1992 for outstanding protection, even after exposure to field contaminants
- Breathable comfort for longer engagement
- Excellent mobility in hazardous environments
- Additional protection against petroleum, oils and lubricants
- Longer service life than traditional carbon suits
- Counter-terrorism security at public events
- Safe escape from contaminated environment
- Tactical force protection operations
- Technical decontamination
- Emergency response to terrorist attack victims
- Tactical entry or search & rescue missions in contaminated environments