GORE® CHEMPAK® Products
Protective gear incorporating GORE® CHEMPAK® fabric requires special care. Failure to properly care for and maintain this fabric can compromise its protective performance, exposing you to unnecessary risk.Please refer to the garment manufacturer’s technical data package and user guide for specific information about protection, care, storage, and use of any product made with GORE® CHEMPAK® ultra barrier fabric.
GORE® CHEMPAK® Ultra Barrier G9492 Glove System
To wash the inside of the Glove Liner,
- Prepare a disinfecting solution by thoroughly mixing 1.5 oz. laundry bleach and one gallon of water, providing approximately 600 ppm available chlorine by weight.
- Fill the inside of the Liner with the disinfecting solution to within three inches of the cuff opening.
- Close the cuff opening and shake vigorously for approximately ten seconds. Do not squeeze the Liner while it is filled with the disinfecting solution; this causes pressure to build up and damage the Liner.
- Pour out the solution, and squeeze out the excess solution.
- Rinse with water after treatment.
- Invert the Liner at cuff opening and allow it to air dry.
You can wash the outside of the Overglove and Liner while wearing them:
- Hand-wash the outside with mild soap and water similar to washing your hands.
- Rinse the gloves with clean water.
- Dry the glove system slowly and away from places of extreme heat. (eg. hot radiators, stoves, fireboxes, etc.).
To wash the entire Overglove,
- Immerse it for 30 seconds in the same disinfecting solution used for the Liner.
- Stir while the glove remains in the solution for 10 more seconds.
- Leave the glove in the solution for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove the glove from the solution and rinse it with water.
- Squeeze out any excess water, and allow the glove to air dry.