Hardshell with GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant
Durable performance and comfort with enhanced flame protection
GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant offers a high level of protection from arc flash and flash fire threats by balancing flame resistance, thermal insulation, and thermal stability. The unique technology self-extinguishes flames so that the fabric does not continue to burn. When bonded to traditional textiles, products can leverage attributes such as low water pick-up, reduced weight, abrasion resistance, and the production of FR HI-VIS fabrics.Traditional non-FR textiles will continue to propagate flame, exhibit melting and dripping, and increase the potential of burn injury to the skin.
GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant offers:
- Enhanced flame resistance with state-of-the-art self-extinguishing properties
- Unmatched physical integrity after exposure
- Exceptional mechanical durability
- Durable performance after exposure to JP-8, DEET, petroleum, oils, and lubricants
- Increased flexibility for high visibility, antistatic, opacity, and printing applications
- Colorfast performance to maintain camouflage or Hi-Vis properties
Garments made with GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant technology demonstrate low levels of burn injury prediction on Pyroman (ASTM F1930), as reflected in the low incident of predicted second- and third-degree burn.