GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant
Enhanced heat and flame protection using non-FR textiles
Click links below for other views:
GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant is an innovative, self-extinguishing fabric technology that adds heat and flame protection properties to non-flame retardant (FR) textiles. When laminated to nylon, polyester, and other fabrics, GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant provides excellent protection against heat and fire by balancing flame resistance, thermal insulation, and thermal stability.
The use of traditional non-FR textiles allows garments to leverage key attributes of the non-FR textile, such as low water pick-up, abrasion resistance, and production of FR high-visibility fabrics. Without GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant technology, traditional non-FR textiles continue to propagate flame, exhibit melting and dripping, and increase the potential of burn injury.
GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant technology increases thermal protective performance and reduces potential for burn injury. It also offers an improvement in thermal stability by maintaining physical integrity after exposure.
Benefits of GORE® PYRAD® Flame Retardant
- Enhances flame and thermal protection combined with benefits of non-flame resistant textiles
- Meets applicable test requirement for self-extinguishing
- Improves long-lasting integrity of garment with increased thermal stability
- Increases flexibility for applications such as high visibility, opacity, and printing
- Prevents electrostatic discharge with durable antistatic properties
- Military outerwear
- Flame-resistant workwear
- High-visibility apparel
- Tents and outdoor shelters
The Best Combination of Environmental and Thermal Protection