GORE® CHEMPAK® Products
NFPA-certified ensembles made with lightweight GORE® CHEMPAK® fabrics provide protection against toxic industrial chemicals and chemical warfare agents. At the same time, these durable fabrics allow you to move freely, remain engaged longer, and respond with added confidence that the suit and its seams will stay intact. GORE® CHEMPAK® fabrics also improve your ability to respond quickly because they require no additional chemical taping.
Used in suits certified to the NFPA 1992 and NFPA 1994, Class 2 standards, flexible GORE® CHEMPAK® ultra barrier fabrics provide unencumbered movement, increase range of motion, and enhance dexterity. In addition, suits made with these fabrics can be completely wet down, which draws body heat out of the garment, increasing your comfort and allowing you to remain on scene longer.
GORE® CHEMPAK® selectively permeable fabrics are used in the industry’s first breathable perimeter-response garments certified to NFPA 1994 Class 3 standards and the first ChemBio turnouts certified to NFPA 1971 (CB option). These fabrics allow you to stay engaged for up to eight hours by letting perspiration vapor escape from the garment, thereby reducing heat stress and increasing comfort. GORE® CHEMPAK® selectively permeable fabrics combine durable protection with extended response.
Benefits of GORE® CHEMPAK® Fabric
- Certified protection against ChemBio hazards during physically demanding missions
- Faster response without need for additional chemical taping
- Proven durability for longer service life
- Increased mobility because of lighter weight, flexible fabric
- Longer engagement time with reduced heat stress
- Counter-terrorism security at public events
- Search and rescue
- Perimeter security
- Decontamination line operation
- WMD or terrorist incident
- Emergency response to victims of terrorist attack